Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ideas/ Focus for Fourth essay

For my fourth essay, I think I'm going to go with my experience in Italy. I did a couple paragraphs about this in my last blog and I liked the description I made and found it easy to remember what I felt by remembering certain moments of the trip. I was 17 years old when I first visited Elba- an island off of tuscany and a couple family members helped pay for my trip because I I had a boyfriend who lived there. The experiences I had there were unbelievable and when I think of my ex-boyfriend, I remember how much I loved him but I also think back to Italy. So my focus that I been trying to utilize is a love that I felt that went beyond. It came in multiple forms. It was a complete journey for me and when I look back, I connect all these feelings and moments wrapped into one.

I started to do some free writing about this and I wrote down a couple incomplete paragraphs about my three week vacation there with my boyfriend. The scenes I wrote about were one of the last days there and how the view around me changed because of the heartbreak I was about to experience leaving him. And then I will write about leaving Italy (the real goodbye) and how it felt going home. Then there are a couple experiences I want to write about because they lead to my focus the most. I loved a time when I went off by myself for a little while. But at the same time, I still felt an incredible happiness when I was with my boyfriend. I will describe these two moments and what was felt. So far, I am planning on writing about four scenes. Two goodbye scenes and two other scenes about Italy in itself and Italy with a boy I was in love with. Hopefully it will come together more when I begin writing. I need to do some more free writing and developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment