Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My fourth essay revision ideas...

Ok so most likely I will be revising my fourth essay. This might be somewhat of a challenge for me but it is different than what I am used to writing so I wanted to possibly enhance my writing skills by doing something I never did before. I like the whole concept of showing in this story rather than telling, explaining and giving continuous reflections. I mean, most of us like to write, right? So, we have the ability to provide descriptive and elaborate scenes than can give the reader the ability to come up with their own meaning of the story instead of it being pointed out to them with the usual reflection. I felt as I was writing this that I was being taken back to this time period when I was in Italy. Sometimes my thoughts and feelings of being there are not so accessible now because this was several years ago but when I started describing the scenes, it started to all come back to me.

My focus was the tricky part. I wanted to initially focus on the thought of a love that goes beyond. It was my first time visiting a foreign country but the reason for vacationing there the summer of 2004 was because I feel in love with a guy from Italy who originally came to America for English lessons. The whole experience for me was absolutely magically. Yes, I was in a beautiful country but what made it more exciting and memorable was the fact that i was with the first love of my life. And really, when you are in love, the surroundings become even more beautiful. When I was alone in Italy, I still felt happy because it wasn't permanent. When your away from someone you love for a long period of time, it changes from being alone to pure loneliness. When I left Italy, I wasn't focused on leaving Italy as much as I was focused on leaving a huge part of my life behind and what I originally thought was possible: A long term relationship with someone from another country. It opened a door to reality for me. And the dream I once experienced had to end. I want to incorporate how being in a certain place doesn't matter, but the emotions you feel from who you are with does. And also how reality really gave me that perspective when I was with him for those three weeks but how to be separated. Because in life, anything is possible. I could have stayed with him but I also would have being putting myself through a lot of pain. So in the end, I made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment